Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Where Do We Find Hope?

This month (March 2009) in UpStreet and KidStuf, our virtue is HOPE- believing that something good can come out of something bad. In the news we hear much that could make us fearful. But the writers of the Psalms teach us to put our hope in the Lord God alone.

Psalms:
25:3a- No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame.
31:24- Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.
33:17a- A horse is a vain hope deliverance.
33:18- The eyes of the Lord are on those whose hope is in his unfailing
love.
33:20a- We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.
33:22- May your unfailing love rest upon us, oh Lord, even as we put our
hope in you.
39:7b- My hope is in you (the Lord).
42:5b, 11b, 43:5b- Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my
Savior and my God.
62:5- Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.
71:5- For you have been my hope, O Sovereign Lord, my confidence
since my youth.
119:74b- I have put my hope in your word.
130:5- I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.
146:5- Blessed is he whose hope is in the Lord his God.
147:11- The Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his
unfailing love.

Our hope is not in power (horse 33:17) or our own strength, but in God’s word and his unfailing love. So, be strong and take heart, for our hope is in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment