Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Harp Pillar and Neck.


Neck being veneered


NECK and PILLAR with patterns

Since I am still between piano rebuilding jobs, I continue to make good progress on my harp project. Using my patterns, I cut the pieces for the neck and the pillar. since the neck will receive the tuning pins and the guide pins,and possibly in the future sharping levers, I chose to us delignet piano pinblock material for it's construction. This is probably a little bit of overkill, but I happened to have a scrap around that wasn't big enough for a piano, but was big enough for a harp. I veneered the sides of the neck with walnut veneer, but plan to let the edges exposed. This will make a nice color contrast, and I think the multi layers of beech wood in delignet looks cool. The pillar is constructed from a piece of walnut that is about 1 5/8" thick. I have also cut out the top for the sound chamber where the neck will rest. It will soon look like a harp!

No comments:

Post a Comment