Monday, May 25, 2009

Harp Pillar and Neck United






I've taken advantage of the holiday to spend some time working on my harp project. At the end of last week I glued the top to the sound chamber. Today, I fist dry fitted the neck and pillar to the sound chamber. Upon doing so, I realized that my string speaking length was about 3/8" to long, so I made the necessary adjustments to get the length to spec. I accomplished this by cutting the neck deeper where it attaches to the sound chamber, and also by shortening the pillar. While this was happening, I have been spraying lacquer on the sound chamber. Today I also ordered a round embossed applique to place on the neck. Finally, I glued a build up on the end of the neck that rests on the top of the sound chamber.It's starting to look like a harp!

No comments:

Post a Comment