Sunday, February 1, 2009

UpStreet @ McBIC



Rosanna and I have the privilege of giving leadership to an awesome ministry at McBIC called UpStreet. This is a small group based ministry for children grades K-5. We have 11 small group leaders and have an average attendance of 65 children. Each month we study a virtue from a series of 36 virtues. February's virtue is Fairness-making sure that everyone is treated respectfully. Every week we have a different Bible story, and a Bottom Line that helps the kids apply the lesson to their own lives. The kids meet with their SGL for 15 minutes before coming to a 30 minute large group time. Then they return to their small groups for 30 minutes of various activities that help them make life applications. There are three basic truths that we teach: I can trust God no matter what, I need to make the wise choice, and I need to treat others the way I want to be treated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment