Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Harp Project Begun




I have a five year old granddaughter that is facinated with the harp. So being the wood working loving grandfather that I am, I have begun making a lap harp, to be completed for her September birthday.I purchased plans from Musicmaker's Kits, who provide a variety of musical instrument kits/plans for the woodworker. Rather than tracing the patterns from the plans onto the wood with carbon paper, I chose to have the plans duplicated and then proceded to make wooden patterns that I can trace onto the wood. I have a good supply of rough cut walnut, some nearly 2" thick, which is perfect for the pillar and neck. I plan to deviate slightly from the plans by applying some piano rebuilding principles aand materials to harp making. Time will tell if I am successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment